Chief of Service: Dr. Welchie Ko , 高煒杰醫生
Location: Department Central Office
North Wing, 6/F, Tsan Yuk Hospital, 30 Hospital Road, Hong Kong.
Telephone No.: 2589 2337
Fax No.: 2589 2267
Enquiry Email: Qmh_fmemail@example.com
story behind our logo
- The Department of Family Medicine and Primary Healthcare represents the fore front in medical services.
- Through the operations of our network of General Out-Patients Clinics (GOPCs) , Family Medicine Specialist Clinic (FMSC) and staff clinic, we strive to comprehensive one-stop healthcare services in the community
Primary healthcare services play a central role in helping people stay healthy.
Provide a high efficient, patient-centered and sustainable quality primary healthcare service to the local residents and contribute in training and promoting Family Medicine in Hong Kong
- Provide management to patients with general illnesses and chronic disease
- Keep chronic patients, especially those with diabetes mellitus and hypertension, stable and healthy in the community by close collaborations with multi-disciplinary care system in order to minimizing the need to attend secondary and hospital care
- Promote residents living in the vicinity to practise healthy habits and lead a healthy lifestyle in achieving physical and psychological health through case manager approach and patient empowerment
- Provide nurse-led services, like RAMP (Risk Assessment & Management Programme), smoking cessation and counselling; allied health services including dietetic, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, optometry, pharmacist medication counseling, clinical psychology, podiatry, prosthetic and orthotics services in primary care in order to enhance comprehensive one-stop healthcare services in the community