Kwong Wah tending to the sick and the poor for a century;
Out-patient services providing holistic healthcare protection.
Entering the 21st century, the KWH Out-patient Department (OPD) was relocated to 1-3/F, Tsui Tsin Tong Out-patient Building. In our new premise, the setting, facilities and medical services all embody the people-oriented spirit. The chips allotment system of Family Medicine & General Out-patient Department was upgraded from requiring patients to line up at the clinic to 24-hour telephone booking. Registration procedures, clinical consultations, appointments for check-ups and follow-up consultations, and prescriptions etc., have been fully computerised. This not only facilitates record storage but also saves time.
Family doctors giving interactive care for body and mind;
Primary care coordinating preventive efforts in the community.
In this centennial year, the KWH is about to enter a new era with its redevelopment. Family Medicine & General Out-patient Department will uphold the mission of TWGHs in serving the poor and the sick by promoting family medicine and providing the public and the community with efficient, cost-effective healthcare services.
Specialists treating diseases and wounds with professionalism;
Lives saved by way of medicine, surgery and a healing heart.
- Telephone booking for patients to make appointments in the comfort of their home
- Primary care pulmonary rehabilitation programme for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Diabetes Star Wish Programme
- Thank-you letters from patients to our staff
- Teamwork in action
- Chips allotment by General Out-patient Department’s Smart Registration System
- Instructions from nurse
- Regular check-ups at chronic disease clinic
- Chips allotment by Specialist Out-patient Department’s Smart Registration System
- Hearing test room
- Blood sampling/injection services
- Instructions from specialist nurse
- Plaster room