Founded by the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals in 1911, the Hospital provides a full range of services to the population of West Kowloon and Wong Tai Sin. It is Kowloon Central Cluster's major acute hospital, and also a Neurosurgical and Antenatal Diagnosis referral centre. The Hospital has established various clinical centers in recent years, including Minimally Invasive Surgery Training Centre and Chan Feng Men Ling Cardiac Centre, to provide quality healthcare services which meet the needs of the society. There are integrated Breast Centre and Dr Stephen Chow Chun-kay Assisted Reproduction Centre to serve patients with needs. It has established a Community Based Geriatric Service, Respiratory Care Unit, Acute Stroke Unit, Wong Wha San Renal Memorial Centre, and a Nuclear Medicine site equipped with the most advanced technology. Kwong Wah Hospital is also a pioneer in Integrative Chinese and Western Medicine. TWGHs has established TWGHs Wilson T S Wang Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine Treatment Centre in Kwong Wah. The hospital has participated through joint consultation for designated diseases under protocols which developed by both Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine practitioners.