Our department is a tertiary centre for treatment of cancers by radiotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy and palliative care. It is located at the ground and first floors of the Professorial Block. The extension block completed in 1998 is where the CancerCare and Support Unit, and Hong Kong West Cluster QMH Hospice Centre are located.
Our department is equipped with four linear accelerators, one simulator, one planning computed tomography scan and one high-dose-rate remote afterloading brachytherapy machine. New treatment modalities include intensity modulated radiotherapy, image-guided radiotherapy with cone beam CT or ExacTrac X-Ray monitoring, high definition multi-leaf collimator and six-dimensional couch in stereotactic radiation including stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT).
Over years of development, our department has established itself as a renowned oncology centre providing advanced and high quality services to patients with cancer.
The Department endeavors to attain the highest standard in clinical service, research and training in oncology, establishing ourselves as a centre of excellence trusted by the community
- To maintain high quality clinical service by providing superior patient care with emphasis on multidisciplinary and collaborative approaches
- To provide integrated and holistic care to patients
- To foster and augment excellence in cancer research, focusing on innovative advances in chemotherapeutic agents and radiation technology
- To encourage and improve oncology training as well as promote leadership in sub-specialty training and development
- In- patient care: Services include an in-patient ward and our purposely built ward for brachytherapy procedures, including a standard operating theatre
- Out-patient care: We provide out-patient services at our General Clinic, Chemotherapy Day Centre and Endoscopy suite
- Radiotherapy equipment
- Four Linear Accelerators
- Advanced treatment planning and Stimulation equipment including CT simulator and Stereotactic treatment planning and delivery
- High-dose-rate remote afterloading brachytherapy machine
- Radioactive isotope therapy
- Palliative Care Service: Our Hospice Centre under the Li Ka Shing Foundation Hospice Service Programme provides holistic care by our palliative care team. Comprehensive services include in-patient service, out- patient clinics, day care and home care services, palliative care consultation services and bereavement programmes
- Other services:
- CancerCare and Support Unit
- Multidisciplinary clinics/conferences